Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rachel McClellan - Fractured Light - Author Interview

Author Interview

1. Who is your favorite character?
It would have to be Llona.

2. Why is she your favorite?
Because she’s got this voice that makes me laugh, which made writing about her very easy. As her “creator” I wanted her to do different things, but she literally took over the book and sent it in a direction I hadn’t intended.

3. How did you come to create her?
I was thinking one day about people who say they can see a person’s aura’s, you know, the “light” that surrounds us. I thought it would be cool if someone could actually use this as a power, and from there I began to explore all the things an Aura might do with her ability.

4. When did she first enter your mind?
My friend and I were swapping various writing assignments (we’re total nerds), and one of them was something like, “write about a person at a funeral.” I instantly thought of my Aura, and Llona appeared. This scene ended up being my first chapter in FRACTURED LIGHT.

5. Where was she given life in the creative process?
When I heard her voice. She’s so snarky and sarcastic.

6. What do like the most about her and what do you dislike the most about her?
I didn’t like that, at first, she was afraid to show her true self to others. Gratefully, that changed though. I loved that Llona didn’t need Christian, her love interest, to fight the final battle. She depended upon herself to get the job done and did a very good job of it. Girls, never need a guy, want a guy. Go girl power!


Author Bio


Rachel McClellan currently lives in Maine, but was born and raised in Idaho, a place secretly known for its supernatural creatures. When she’s not in her writing lair, she’s partying with her husband and four small children. Her love for storytelling began as a child when the moon first possessed the night. For when the lights went out, her imagination painted a whole new world. And what a scary world it was…


Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/AuthorRachelMcClellan
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/RachelMcClellan
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFefXbzlfo4
Website:
www.rachelmcclellan.com
Blog:
http://blackbirdinmywindow.blogspot.com

Book Summary


I’m dying, I thought. This was unexpected and not at all how I envisioned my death. I was supposed to die gardening in a flowerbed as a hundred-year-old woman, not as a seventeen-year-old trapped in a lake beneath inches of ice.

Llona Reese is used to living on the run. After a Vyken killed her parents, she knew they would eventually come for her too. She can’t take any chances. But when she starts to make friends for the first time in her life, she gets careless and lets her guard down. Big mistake.


As an Aura, Llona can manipulate light and harness its energy. But if she wants to survive, Llona will have to defy the Auran Council and learn to use her power as a weapon against the Vyken whose sole desire is to take her light. Now she’s caught in something bigger than she can understand, with a power she can’t wield, and no one she can trust, except, just maybe, a mysterious stranger.


Publisher: Cedar Fort Publishing

Genre: Urban fantasy

Release: February 7, 2012

Pages: 312

Price: $16.99

Purchase on
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment